HELLO & WELCOME ♥

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

17 hours

The "Hakata" highway bus that will take me from Fukuoka to Tokyo.

In about a little more than a week, I will be setting off to Tokyo (yay!!!!)  for a few days. The travel won't be done by plane, but by bus. I'm not at all excited about this, but traveling in Japan by plane during this time of year is deadly expensive! Flying from Miyazaki to Tokyo would have cost me about $600 roundtrip! (There's no way to book national flights after Dec. 23rd weeks or months ahead without giving up a lot of dough). Heck no, I'm not spending that kind of money. So, I decided that it would be best, for my bank account's health, to go by bus, which saved me more than $300 roundtrip. I'm going to be on two buses for a total of 17 hours, most of the time being overnight from Fukuoka to Tokyo. I've never been on a bus for that long! 

Miyazaki to Tokyo
857 miles/1379km, 17 hours and 38 minutes
by BUS


google maps

Hopefully, it won't be that bad.

2 comments:

  1. why not try the seishun18, google it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the advice! I've already purchased my bus tickets, so that's a done deal.

    I still checked it out and, well, living in Kyushu sucks when you want to travel all the way to Tokyo. Using the Seishun 18 would make me set aside at a little more than a full day to travel to Tokyo with a few transfers. I'm definitely going to consider this option in the future though!

    ReplyDelete